On this page you’ll find general information, links to documents and organisations.
For more specific information click the links below:
- Information on Mobility, Leisure and Social Activity
- Information on Benefits, Finance and Budgeting
- Information on NHS Continuing Healthcare
- Information on Payroll and Insurance
- Information on Employment law
- Information on RTI (Real Time Information) HMRC
- Information on PIP (Personal Independence Payment)
THINK LOCAL ACT PERSONAL
EQUALITY & HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION
- Ours to Own – Understanding human rights A guide which looks at what human rights mean in the context of everyday life and how they have affected real people.
INDEPENDENT LIVING ALTERNATIVES (ILA)
- SCIE Personalisation : A Rough Guide April 2010 – updates people on the latest about the implementation and understanding of care and support.
SKILLS FOR CARE
- Skills for Care North West and Manchester City Council have two very useful toolkits for starting up as a Direct Payment customer or a P.A.Getting Started – A Guide for Direct Payment Customers and Getting Started – A Guide for Personal Assistants.
- For more information on Individual Employers and to see the refreshed ‘Employing Personal Assistants’ toolkit see the Skills for Care website
- HM Government ‘Information Sharing: Guidance for Practitioners and Managers‘ Guidance for those who provide services to children, young people and adults, who have to make decisions about sharing personal information on a case-by-case basis.
THE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
- Putting People First. A shared vision – transformation of Adult Care.
THE MINISTRY OF JUSTICE
- A guide to the human rights act A booklet for people with learning disabilities published by the Ministry of Justice and with illustrations from CHANGE.
THE OFFICE FOR DISABILITY ISSUES
- In June 2006 the Independent Living Review was set up to develop a five-year strategy for Independent Living – this was to give disabled people greater choice and control and more access to communities, health, education and so forth. Various documents are available to download from the ODI website including the ILS Strategy, Consultation Information and Responses. Visit their website.
THE SOCIAL POLICY RESEARCH UNIT, THE UNIVERSITY OF YORK
- The University of York’s Social Policy Research Unit was involved in the evaluation on the Individual Budget Pilot programme. Visit their findings page where you can download findings, summary and the final report.