Useful links to resources related to Direct Payments.
SKILLS FOR CARE
- An easy read guide for people on Direct Payments wishing to employ a P.A.
- Getting Started – A Guide for Direct Payment Customers
- Research Report -Employment Aspects of Direct Payments . The results of the first ever large-scale study of recipients of direct payments in their role as employers.
THE CHARTERED INSTITUTE OF TAXATION
- published a report in January 2008;Independant living, Direct payments and the tax system
THE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
- Guide to receiving direct payments from your local council. A route to independent living
- A guide for getting Direct Payments from your council easy read – an easy read guide
- becoming an employer using Direct Payments – an easy read guide
HOUSE OF COMMONS LIBRARY
An updated (2nd November 2012) report from the House of Commons library has been released, which gives a brief overview of the rules governing the provision and use of direct payments for social care and provides information on the development of personal budgets for care.